PINS Event - Health and Wellbeing
Putting health and wellbeing at the heart of the educational experience of all children and young people
Tuesday, November 12th 2019
10 am – 4pm
St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art, 2 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0RH
We know that health outcomes for many children and young people are poor. When it comes to the role of education, every learning setting, working with partners, should take a holistic approach to promoting and learning about health and wellbeing, one that takes account of the stage of growth, development and maturity of each individual, and the social and community context. So, how are we doing? The seminar will take a broad look across the dimensions of health and wellbeing curriculum to explore the progress made and how far there is to go to meet the needs of all learners and create learning environments where all children and young people flourish.
The free seminar will explore these questions:
- What do we know about children and young people’s health and wellbeing needs and concerns?
- What is a mentally healthy school?
- What do children and young people want and need when it comes to drugs education and learning about relationships and sexual health?
- What are the food and nutrition issues that impact the lives and education of children and young people?
- What do we know about children and young people’s engagement in physical activity and how can we increase it?
With speakers from ChildLine, University of Glasgow, Place2be, Crew 2000, Mentor UK, NHS Forth Valley.
BOOK NOW via Eventbrite: https://pins-hwb-event.eventbrite.co.uk